1st SEMESTER 2020
The provisional Unisa LLB exam schedule for the 1st semester is as follows:
1ST YEAR SUBJECTS
|HFL 1501||The History of the Foundations of South African Law||Portfolio|
|FAC 1503||Financial Accounting for Law Students||28 May|
|ILW 1501||Introduction to Law||15 May|
|PVL 1501||Law of Persons||26 May|
|SCL 1501||Skill Course for Law students||19 May|
|SJD 1501||Social Dimensions of Justice||Portfolio|
|PLS 1502||Introduction to African Philosophy||8 June|
|AFL 1501||Language through an African lens||Portfolio|
|IRM 1501||Introduction to Research Methodology for law and criminal justice.||Portfolio|
|Select one of the below non-law modules|
|LIN 1502||The role of language in the South African Context||6 May|
|CMY 1501||Introduction to criminology: crime criminals and criminal behaviour||13 May|
|CMY 1502||Introduction to criminology: victims and the reduction of crime and the reaction to crime||13 May|
2ND YEAR SUBJECTS
|ADL2601||Administrative Law||11 May|
|CRW2601||General Principles of Criminal Law||18 May|
|CRW2602||Criminal Law Specific Crimes||16 June|
|CSL2601||Constitutional Law||25 May|
|FUR2601||Fundamental Rights||12 June|
|IND2601||African Customary Law||22 May|
|IOS2601||Interpretation of Statutes||3 June|
|MRL2601||Entrepreneurial Law||21 May|
|PVL2601||Family Law||10 June|
|PVL2602||Law of Succession||5 June|
3RD YEAR SUBJECTS
|MRL 3701||Insolvency Law||11 June|
|MRL 3702||Labour Law||2 June|
|PVL 3701||Law of Property||9 June|
|PVL 3702||Law of Contract||15 June|
|PVL 3703||Law of Delict||19 June|
|PVL 3704||Enrichment, Liability and Estoppel||1 June|
|CIV 3701||Civil Procedure||17 June|
|LEV 3701||Law of Evidence||29 May|
|CPR 3701||Criminal Procedure||20 May|
|LME 3701||Legal Research Methodology||Portfolio|
4TH YEAR SUBJECTS
|LCP4801||International Law||14 May|
|LJU4802||Professional Ethics||26 May|
|LML 4806||Company Law||27 May|
|LCP 4804||Advanced Indigenous Law||12 May|
|LPL 4802||Law of Damages||Portfolio|
|RRLLB81||LLB Research Report||Portfolio|
|TLI4801||Techniques in Trial and Litigation||Portfolio|
|LCP 4805||Environmental law||8 June|
|LCP 4807||International Human Rights law||22 May|
|LCP 4809||Education Law||12 May|
|LCR 4802||Medical Law||18 June|
|LCR 4803||Media Law||14 May|
|LCR 4805||Selected Private and Criminal law principles of the internet||18 May|
|LJU 4804||Private International law||Portfolio|
|LML 4801||Patent and Copyright law||10 June|
|LML 4802||Law of competition and trademarks||19 May|
|LML 4804||Tax Law||29 May|
|LML 4805||Insurance law||16 June|
|LML 4807||Banking Law and usage||12 June|
|LML 4810||Legal Aspects of Electronic Commerce||Portfolio|
|LPL 4801||Law of Sale and Lease||11 May|
|LPL 4804||Conveyancing||28 May|
|LPL 4805||Notarial Practice||15 May|
New LLB requirements and exemptions explained:
- If a student has passed Research Literacy (SCL1502) – don’t have to register for Introduction to Research Meth for law and Criminal Justice (IRM 1501).
- Students who have passed BOTH Origins (FLS 1501) and Foundations (FLS1502) – Don’t have to register for The History of the Foundations of South African Law (HFL 1501) AND Introduction to African Philosophy (PLS 1502).
- Students who have passed EITHER Origins (FLS 1501) OR Foundations (FLS 1502) – MUST register for The History of Foundations of South African Law (HFL 1501).
- Students who have passed BOTH Civil Procedure 1 (CIP 2601) and Civil Procedure 2 (CIP 3701) – Don’t have to register for The New Civil Procedure Module (CIV 3701) AND Technique in Trial and Litigation (TLI 4801).
- Students who have passed EITHER Civil Procedure 1 (CIP 2601) OR Civil Procedure 2 (CIP 3701) – MUST register for the new Civil Procedure Module (CIV 3701).
- Students who have passed BOTH Criminal Procedure 1 (CMP 2601) and Criminal Procedure 2 (CMP 3701) – Don’t have to register for the new Criminal Procedure module (CPR 3701) AND Technique in Trial and Litigation(TLI 4801).
- Students who have passed EITHER Criminal Procedure 1 (CMP 2601) OR Criminal Procedure 2 (CMP 3701) – MUST register for the new Criminal Procedure Module (CPR 3701).
- Students who have passed BOTH Evidence 1 (EVI 3701) and Evidence 2 (EVI 3702) – Don’t have to register for the new Evidence module (LEV 3701) and Techniques in Trial and Litigation(TLI 4801).
- Students who have passed EITHER Evidence 1 (EVI 3701) OR Evidence 2 (EVI 3702) – MUST register for the new Evidence Module.
- Students who have passed Research Meth (HMLLM80) – Don’t have to register for the new 3rd year Research Meth Module (LME3701)
- Students who have passed Research Meth (HMLLB80) CANNOT AND ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REGISTER for LLB RESEARCH REPORT (RRLLB81) but must choose another elective in its place If they need to meet the required credits.
- Students who have passed Law of Negotiable Instruments (MRL 4801) – Don’t have to register for Company Law (LML 4806)
- A Student will be required to select TWO Electives.